Spend 15 days in Japan on an immersive experience into one of the world’s most renowned and admired cultures. Bring the classroom to life, as you travel through Tokyo, Hiroshima and Kyoto, visiting historically significant sites and exploring both Japan’s rich cultural traditions and modern technology.
Past Trip Highlights:
- Get a feel for everyday life during a homestay experience and school visits.
- Visit Hiroshima’s Peace Memorial Museum and hear testimony of a survivor of the 1945 atomic bombing.
- Explore Tokyo’s fast-paced urban life during a scavenger hunt before relaxing in the peaceful countryside where a hands-on farming experience awaits.
- Explore castles, shrines, temples and traditional inns with onsens (hot springs)
- Take part in a tea ceremony and zen lesson.
- Meet diplomats at the U.S. Embassy, activists and professors to learn about potential careers. We will also tour the Japanese National Diet.
- Dive into the exciting and vibrant youth culture of Harajuku and the technological advances being made daily at the Miraikan.
- Catch a baseball game at the local stadium and devour the latest trends in food, fashion, and fun.