Or download PDF application
PAAC is looking for up to 20 curious and eager high school students to venture to Vietnam in June 2020! Students will spend 15 days diving into Vietnam’s vivid history and culture by exploring the city life in urban Hanoi as well as experiencing the quiet, gentle pace of life in central Vietnam. Need and merit based scholarships are available for public and charter school students, and all Hawaiʻi high school students are eligible to apply. Applications are due December 22, 2019.
* Capture world famous views at the emerald waters of Ha Long Bay
* Trek through the mountains of Sapa and meet ethnic minority groups working to preserve their culture and heritage
* Visit historic sites such as the ancient capitol city of Hue, the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, the Women’s Museum, and the ruins of My Son temple city
* Experience hands-on learning through cooking and crafts lessons – make your own gifts to bring home and share
* Think critically and participate in dialogues about social issues such as tourism, sustainable development, community building, and more.
* Meet Vietnamese youth and have the opportunity to make lifelong friendships!
See more photos in Our Gallery.
Questions? Contact Erica Nakanishi-Stanis, Study Tour Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or (808) 944-7784.
“This experience of traveling to Vietnam with other people was truly unforgettable and amazing, and it truly was a life changing experience for me.”
"The trip was interesting because I was able to learn while having fun. I know right? Learning and fun in the same sentence? No one will believe me. PAAC opened the door for me to everlasting friendships on this trip."
“When I found out about the opportunity to travel to Vietnam with other students just as curious about the world as me, I was both excited and terrified. I really wasn't sure I'd be able to afford to go. Then I found out I would be receiving a scholarship. The endless smile on my face when I heard the news can't even be described. I consider being in Vietnam one of the happiest moments in my life and it's all thanks to PAAC.”