NEW ONLINE OFFERING
K-12 Teacher Workshop: “Sounds of the Asia Pacific”
Saturday, June 13 – Saturday, June 20, 2020
Who: Open to all Hawaii K-12 teachers, with priority given to teachers who previously registered for the cancelled in-person April workshop. As space is limited, please register only if you can make a firm commitment to the program. Spaces will be filled on a first-come first-serve basis.
When: Saturday, June 13 – Saturday, June 20, 2020
Approximate Time Commitment: 8-10 hours
The East-West Center Arts Program and the Pacific & Asian Affairs Council are pleased to announce that we will be offering our planned Spring 2020 “Sounds of the Asia Pacific” Teacher Workshop on a digital platform. Since we were forced to cancel the April 3-4 in-person workshop, we have been working hard to develop an online alternative and are thrilled to be able to offer this to you.
The “Sounds of the Asia Pacific” Teacher Workshop will be offered as an online course for Hawai‘i-based educators on the Laulima online learning portal. The Workshop will be comprised of live Zoom sessions and pre-recorded presentations by scholars and practitioners.
Schedule and Requirements:
- * Saturday, June 13, 9- 10:30am - Mandatory program opening via Zoom (live online meeting platform)
- * Saturday, June 13 – Friday, June, 19 - Work through the presentation modules at your own pace. You will interact with one another through dialogue on the live discussion boards. Participants will also have access to the EWC Gallery’s “Musical Instrument” exhibition (digital alternative) and performance video clips.
* Two optional live Zoom panels with presenters:
- * Wednesday, June 17, 4:30-5:45pm
- * Friday, June 19, 4:30-5:45pm
- * Saturday, June 20, 9-10:30am – Mandatory program closing/wrap-up via Zoom
Participants will receive a certificate of completion upon completion.
The registration fee will be waived for this workshop. Please register by Friday, June 5:
Questions? Contact Merle at firstname.lastname@example.org