PAAC's Academic Scholarship applications are open!
Do you have a demonstrated interest in international affairs?
Have you been involved in PAAC clubs, classes, and activities?
Two PAAC Academic Scholarships:
- * Honda Scholarships: Four, $1,000 scholarships for graduating seniors
- * Tangen Award: One, $300 award to one student in grade 9, 10, or 11.
Application Deadline: Friday March 31, 2023 at 5:00pm
Preparing your applications:
EDDIE TANGEN AWARD
* Required materials: form application, one essay, school transcript, and one recommendation from a teacher or trusted community member
- * Tangen Essay Prompt: How has taking part in PAAC activities expanded your understanding of world affairs and how would receiving this award help you to pursue your learning further?
PAUL S. HONDA AWARD
* Required materials: form application, two essays, transcript, and two recommendations from a teacher or trusted community member.
* Honda Essay 1 Prompt: How has taking part in PAAC activities expanded your understanding of world affairs, and how will receiving a scholarship help you to continue learning about global issues?
* Honda Essay 2 Prompt: Describe how one person active in international relations, today or historically, has influenced the way you think about the world and international affairs.
Deadlines and Details
1) All materials must be received by PAAC by Friday March 31, 2023 at 5:00pm.
2) Teacher Recommendations should be submitted by the same deadline- March 31.
3) Essays should be no longer than 1 page/ 500 words (single-spaced).
4) You will not be interviewed for this scholarship, so be sure to express yourself well in your essay(s). The application form accepts PDF format only.
5) Applicants will be notified by April 4, 2023
Students Apply Here Teacher Recommendations Here